The Rules & Safety
- Your Rube Goldberg Machine must include at least 3 of the 6 simple machines.
- Your Rube Goldberg Machine must have at least 6 steps.
- A "step" consists of one part of the machine causing another part of the machine to move in a way that helps to complete the task of the machine.
- There is no size limit for a project: be creative!
- Your Rube Goldberg Machine must actually work! It does not matter how clever your design is if you are not able to make it work.
- You will be required to do some of the work on this project in class but most of the work, building and videoing, will be completed at home.
- You may not use any part of the Mousetrap Game or any other pre-designed "crazy contraption" type game. (You may use parts from a Lego, Tinker Toy, or Erector set, or any other generic build-your-own toy.)
- Parents may help, they may not build the project for you.
- No open flames
- No fireworks
- You may use a mouse trap, you may NOT use a rat trap!
- No live animals!